Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Invisible Cities

At first I was thrown off, a little confused by what appeared to be random passages about mysterious cities, but then I began drawing conclusions about each city, its development, unique traits, and problems. I enjoyed the read, it was like puzzle, putting a picture of a city together from the pieces of each passage. My favorite one was Cities and The Sky 3. When asked to see the blueprint for their city, the people responded: "We will show it to you as soon as the working day is over; we cannot interrupt our work now," and when the sun set, they stopped work and said "There is the blueprint," referring to the starlit sky. I just thought that was awesome, it reminded me of theories on ancient civilizations like the Egyptians and Mayans constructing structures in correlation with the sun and stars in the sky, that may have been influenced by a "higher power/intellect". In Trading Cities 4, I thought Ersili’s problem lies with overpopulation. I thought Hidden Cities 1 illustrated the natural growth and expansion of cities, I really liked the comparison with the tree trunk, I thought that fit perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment