Monday, September 21, 2009

Conwell Hall Dance Performance

I went to the show on friday and found it very unique. Art has always been known to me as a non-transforming object such as a painting, sculpture, etc. So it was a new experience seeing these people dance and maneuver themselves about the room in an expressive work of art. They used chalk and the projector screen to make their performance different. The room was dark which I didn't like, but it seemed to be appropriate with the vague and mysterious theme of the piece. The music was also interesting. There was classical music that brought on a sense of ease and comfort, and then they played an energetic and low-pitched techno type music that seemed to reflect an urgency of the dancers as they scrubbed at the projections on the floor. It was certainly a new experience for me and held my attention throughout. Many people would find this performance very odd as I did at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment