Wednesday, October 14, 2009

John Curall-Algorithmic Psychogeography

I found the reading on algorithmic pyschogeography quite interesting. I am big fan of exploring and wandering through cities by car and on foot. You can learn so much about a city and discover some thing you might not of found otherwise. I also have a bit of a wandering spirit in me. I have travelled around the country quite a bit through the jobs that I have had. I always found the concept of "wandering the earth" an interesting one. Although I think I would rather do it with money then the backpacking drifter sleeping on the street or wherever route. I'm not sure how I feel about the applying of weird rules and mathematic patterns thing. I am not interested in what weird patterns would be created. I would be more interested in the random things I could discover in the city, so I would be more in favor of the random wandering. However, if you feel like you already know a city pretty well and even the random stuff seems not to be generating anything new or unpredictable, then it might be interesting to see what these other methods would produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment