Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekend Assignment

I apologize in advance for the shakiness of the cell phone camera. Enjoy.


I started my journey with 2 rules on purpose because I wanted to see if at some point I would need to make other rules. I did. Something that seems as simple as walking and something that can take you into unknown lands can be complicated and land you back where you started.

Rule 1. Only make right turns.
Rule 2. Only cross the street at stop signs.


I started off walking in the middle of 25th Street in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia. My rules revolved around stop signs and right turns. However, I noticed half way into it that there were no rules for dead ends. I decided then to stick to the right turn rule. About 3/4 into the walk, it stumbled upon me that there were more traffic lights in the area then stop signs so I made the rule of making rights at traffic lights. The rule differed a little then the stop sign rule because even though you could make a right, you were not allowed to cross the street. Starting off with two rules then turning into four as I was going made home my final destination.

If I would have instilled more rules in the beginning, my project may have differed. My may have been different due to the constant traffic lights that a rule was not made for until later. However, Philadelphia is simply streets that run parallel and vertical so maybe my final stop would have been the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQcPakQJGc

No comments:

Post a Comment