Monday, October 19, 2009

Urban Algorithm - Michael Hearn


On Sunday, I walked from 15th and Market and 2nd and Market, which when I usually am around that area I walk straight along Market until I get to the specific destination I'm headed, but this time I wanted to branch out and go to separate streets and destinations sticking out of there. With no real thought on a map of Market street on mapquest, I added different side routes to go out of my way to before returning and continuing down Market. The map is to the side, with a blue path on Market street route and red paths on the side routes I added.

The rule of observation I decided upon was to look at other people and take note of their destinations or purposes in being there. Some pictures below detail some of those moments, and some other observations I took notice of.

This couple was near the beginning of my walk, the man is holding a camera in his left hand, and they took pictures of the setting around them.











This business couple went into the Philadelphia Convention Center to the side.












Up between 6th and 5th and Market, a small car accident had occured. The passengers were fine, talking to an officer next to a police car nearby, with another police car blocking off traffic on the other side.









An older couple up near 4th went into a nearby diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment