Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekend assignment

I chose a mall food court as my experimental space.

The basis for my experiment was to approach the first employee that was offering food samples in front of their venue. I asked them for two numbers between one and ten. The first number I received is the number of venues further that I would proceed, and the second number is the item on that menu that I would purchase.

The objective to this approach is to order a meal without a subjective opinion of personal taste, experience, or craving. Equally important is the hope that something new could be tried that wouldn't be ordered otherwise.

This was the venue sampling food:


She gave me the numbers seven and one. I went seven venues further, and ordered the first thing on the menu.

This is the meal:

From the seventh venue:






No comments:

Post a Comment