Monday, October 26, 2009

Semiotics-Adam Bonanni

I think semiotics is a fun and interesting way of looking at the world around us. Being an English major, most of the fun I get from exploring narratives (movies, books, video games) is looking for allusions or hidden meanings beneath the surface. I agree there cannot be one concrete meaning that fits every object that we know.
Interestingly, like the article says, the best way to understand semiotics is through examples as opposed to a definition or lecture since the defenitions are a bit vague. I also think it's a bit of a stretch when the Semiotics of New Media Literacy article moves into discussing the link between science and Semiotics. Maybe this part wasn't clear to me, how this theory relates to animals, but I understand how it works relating to New Media and literary arts

No comments:

Post a Comment